A Triad Product Definer / Corporate Applications Engineer helps customers take their great ideas to integrated chip solutions (Application Specific Standard Products or ASICs). You are responsible for reviewing customer’s systems and desires, understanding and documenting their requirements, proposing new product ideas, demonstrating the benefits of Triad technology, conveying the value of our solutions, providing customer technical support, and identifying and digging into new customers. You will serve as the primary technical contact for all regional sales activities and will employ your customer interaction to identify new opportunities.
Excellent Field Applications Engineers at Triad share these qualities:
- You are a real engineer. You do a great job analyzing customers’ systems, understanding their problems, and coming up with product ideas / integration solutions that map well to Triad’s technology. You are able to go deep into customer technical and business needs, define product requirements, and communicate them in detail to Triad design engineers. You are willing to develop applications expertise where required, thorough in your documentation, and able to support design engineering’s development of valuable new product solutions. You will have high credibility within Triad.
- You understand the sales and business side of new product development. You can work well with your sales partners, design engineers, and management to document and review requirements and evaluate business opportunities. You know how to promote the value of Triad’s solutions to customers and contribute to our corporate growth and strategies.
- You love evaluating systems, seeing block diagrams, reviewing circuits, discussing new ideas, and solving problems. You are a lifelong learner, don’t like doing the same thing over and over, and do like attacking new challenges.
- You like meeting new people – phone conversations, web meetings, and face-to-face.
- You don’t mind some travel – in fact, you should be excited by the opportunity to spend some time on the road meeting new customers (when possible).
- You like people and people like you – you have an outgoing personality and can work well with both engineers and salespeople.
- You are a self-starter and are motivated to dig into accounts to identify key contacts, business opportunities, and new technical requirements.
- You can handle deadlines and pressure. You can analyze a customer’s needs, document requirements, and coordinate with Triad co-workers to provide a proposed solution in just a few weeks. Sometimes your inputs are needed very quickly and you must respond externally and internally with quality answers.
- Customers will trust Triad because they trust you.
Skills & Experience
- Analog / Mixed-Signal ASIC / ASSP applications product definition, product marketing, and technical sales support
- Excellent technical skills, business savvy, and strong product strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English proficiency required
- Good presentation skills – in person and web meetings
- Positive attitude and self-starter motivation to develop and grow customer relations in the region
- Expertise to grow product lines and long-term ability to expand Triad teams
- Broad industry experience; good at answering questions “on-the-fly” in front of customers
- BS+ in Electrical Engineering
- Not a new grad – 10 or more years of product definition / product strategy
Experience in the following areas:
- Strong product definition background with a leading mixed-signal semiconductor supplier developing ICs for key customers
- Industrial focus with ability to support other markets / applications
- Broad technical understanding with demonstrable expertise in areas that align well with Triad strategy
- Sensor, industrial automation, actuator, power & energy / AFE, interface, drive, power, protection
Europe coverage / prefer Germany location