Triad Semiconductor is a fabless semiconductor company in Winston Salem, NC that focuses on the design and manufacture of analog & mixed-signal integrated circuits. The company has been in business since 2002 developing both standard products and custom IC solutions. These products span many technology markets including virtual reality, augmented reality, Industrial IoT, high fidelity audio, medical devices, and networking systems.
Triad Semiconductor is looking for engineers that can thrive in a technically challenging and fast-paced environment. As a Product Test Engineer (Lab), you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Defining validation and characterization plans for integrated circuit (IC) products to ensure that they meet performance requirements and reliability standards
- Writing software that enables automated validation of IC products on the bench
- Working closely with cross-functional teams including Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Logistics, and Manufacturing to ensure that products are fully validated and
- Analyzing validation data, reporting results to the engineering team and recommending improvements to enhance product quality.
Product applications vary from custom ASICs to high volume consumer devices. The position requires strong software skills and the technical ability to develop test strategies, including identifying new methods to improve our validation and characterization process.
- Develop and implement validation plans and procedures for integrated circuit (IC) products.
- Design and develop test fixtures, equipment, and program automated test systems as needed.
- Use National Instruments suite of tools (such as LabVIEW, TestStand, and PXI) to develop and implement automated test solutions.
- Development software experience is a plus (such as C++, C#, .net, and Python)
- Work closely with Design Engineering, Test Engineering, and manufacturing teams to ensure product specifications are met.
- Analyze validation data, identify trends and patterns, and prepare reports detailing test results.
- Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and debug problems that arise during validation.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and customer service teams to address product issues.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience testing integrated circuits
- Experience with National Instruments suite of tools (such as LabVIEW, TestStand, and PXI) for developing and implementing automated test solutions is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and familiarity with automated bench test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital sources and receivers, waveform generators, and audio
- Software development and debug skills.
- Familiarity with PCB schematic entry and layout tools such as Allegro, OrCad, or Altium
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills to collaborate with crossfunctional teams.
- Ability to define and execute to a plan.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Able to thrive in a team environment.
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder