Principal Design Engineer
Triad Semiconductor is a fabless semiconductor company in Winston Salem, NC that focuses on the research, development, and manufacture of state-of-the-art Analog and Mixed Signal integrated circuits. The company has been in business since 2002 developing both standard products and custom IC solutions. These products span many technology markets including virtual reality, augmented reality, Industrial IoT, high fidelity audio, medical devices, and networking systems. We develop both standard products and custom IC solutions.
Design and develop high performance Analog and Mixed Signal ICs. Support other functional teams as needed on projects you lead. This role reports to the Director of Design Engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design leadership during the IC development lifecycle
- Research and development of state-of-the-art Analog and Mixed Signal products. This includes any analog or mixed signal block, some of those may be precision amplifiers, comparators, reference generators, data converters, PHY communication links, laser-diode drivers, and power management blocks
- Work with the EVP and the Director on feasibility assessment for new products
- Mentoring and guiding other senior and junior engineers
- Overseeing cell and top-level layout design
- Close collaboration with other cross-functional team members to communicate deliverables/receivables from/to the Design Lead
- Active participants in multiple reviews during the project lifecycle
- Architects, designs and verifies circuits, logic, systems, algorithms, etc. to meet product requirements
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Often serves as consultant to management
- BSEE; MSEE or PhD is preferred
- 15+ years of Analog and Mixed Signal design experience
- Experience serving as a Design Lead on projects
- Direct experience designing and bringing into mass production most analog cells and analog integrated circuit design concepts
- Deep knowledge and understanding of analog, digital and mixed signal design & design flows
- Deep understanding of device noise, mismatch, linearity, and other analog impairments
- Advanced knowledge in signals, systems and transforms
- Advanced understanding of system specification and ability to work with system/application engineers to translate system requirements into circuit requirements at the IC level
- Knowledge and experience of product development from definition to production release
- Understanding of DFT and DFM techniques for mass production environment
- Strong knowledge of device physics and fabrication processes
- Strong knowledge of best layout practices
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Execution and Continuous Improvement mindsets
- Innovative and able to come up with creative solutions for complex problems
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment
How to apply for this position
Apply for the position listed on this page by filling out and submitting the form below.
NOTE: This form only accepts PDF resumes.