Product Definer, Analog and Mixed-Signal
Triad Semiconductor is looking for an experienced Product Definer who is passionate about defining innovative products that help solve customer problems. As part of a highly collaborative team, you will be responsible for defining integrated circuits (ICs) and solutions by translating customer’s needs into detailed product requirements used to guide design of the IC. This position plays a fundamental role in Triad’s ASIC and ASSP business, with a high level of internal visibility and much scope for future development. This is a key, well respected position in an exciting and dynamic environment, suited to a candidate with a growth mindset, a strong passion for creativity and innovation, and a “can-do” attitude.
The background of a Product Definition Engineer typically varies; sometimes IC Designers who enjoy the planning and architecture (front end) aspects of design transition to the role. Alternatively, System or Product Design Engineers who have a deep understanding of a particular market or industry area – who therefore are familiar with the nuances, requirements and design challenges of a particular product segment – succeed in the role, even though they are not familiar with IC Design tools and techniques. Triad Semi has a host of IC talented Designers whose expertise can fill in any gaps!
- Collaborate with customers, Marketing and internal engineering teams to define the next generation of products for analog and mixed signal electronics markets (General analog, Industrial, Consumer)
- Consider all product elements such as customer requirements, host system requirements & restrictions, firmware & SW requirements, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs: propose viable solutions and product concepts
- Detail system, features and performance requirements for both the target IC and any accompanying firmware / SW
- Communicate ideas, IC concepts and feature sets effectively to customers, both written and verbally
- Communicate and discuss key requirements and specifications to internal technical teams
- Author, peer review, and update system and design specifications. Familiarity with Requirements Management techniques and tools is a plus (but not mandatory)
- Participate in Design Architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews (where applicable) and PCB-level design reviews with Design, Applications, Operations and Test Engineering
- Perform thorough competitive analysis including lab testing and investigations
- Participate in industry conferences and forums to ensure device compatibility with any relevant industry standards, generate and present Triad collateral if applicable
- Travel domestically and internationally approximately 20-30% per year to work with both customers and internal teams
- Be self-driven and able to manage busy customer and project-related deadlines and priorities
Requirements and Skills
- Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) with at least 5 years experience in Product Definition, system/product design or designing analog or mixed-signal integrated circuits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of innovation, creative approach to a given problem
- Strong analytical skills combined with a logical approach to get to a pragmatic solution
- Results-oriented and able to thrive in a smaller company, dynamic environment
- Able to estimate workloads/effort needed, plan and execute to timescales
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent market & commercial awareness
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of analog and mixed signal designs and techniques, system requirements
- Hands-on experience of electronics lab testing techniques and analysis
This position is ideally located in Winston-Salem, NC. A remote or hybrid role could be considered.
How to apply for this position
Apply for the position listed on this page by filling out and submitting the form below.
NOTE: This form only accepts PDF resumes.