Triad Semiconductor is a fabless semiconductor company in Winston Salem, NC that focuses on the design and manufacture of analog & mixed-signal integrated circuits. The company has been in business since 2002 developing both standard products and custom IC solutions. These products span many technology markets including virtual reality, augmented reality, industrial IoT, high fidelity audio, medical devices, and networking systems. The existing customer base includes military, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics manufacturers.
Triad Semiconductor is looking for engineers that can thrive in a technically challenging and fast-paced environment. Product applications vary from custom ASICs to high volume consumer devices. The position requires strong software skills and the technical ability to develop test strategies, including identifying new methods to improve our production processes. As a Product Test Engineer (ATE), you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Defining test, evaluation, and characterization solutions for new products to ensure that they meet performance requirements and reliability standards.
- Writing software that enables automated production testing of IC products.
- Designing ATE hardware and test fixtures.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams including Design Engineering, PTE-Lab Engineers, Logistics, and Manufacturing to ensure that products are fully tested.
- Working with offshore manufacturing sites and test development vendors
- Analyzing test data, reporting results to the engineering team, and recommending improvements to enhance product quality.
- Help lead a product engineering team working with both in-house and external vendors to develop production solutions from concept to release.
- Develop and implement test concepts, plans, and procedures.
- Design and develop test circuits and fixtures.
- Manage development and transfers of test solutions through OSAT vendors.
- Work with industry standard semiconductor test systems to develop and implement automated test solutions.
- Work closely with Design Engineering, PTE-Lab Engineers, and manufacturing teams to ensure product specifications are met.
- Analyze validation data, identify trends and patterns, and prepare reports detailing test results.
- Work with teams to analyze and debug customer returns, determine failure root cause, recommend appropriate disposition, and implement necessary changes in the production flow.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and customer service teams to address product issues.
- Work with customer representatives to provide application support.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in production of integrated circuits.
- Experience with semiconductor production test systems such as NI, Teradyne J750, Eagle ETS88, Cohu DiamondX, or Advantest 93k.
- Experience with test development software (C++, VB, Java, Python, etc).
- Expertise with test methodologies and test circuit design.
- Knowledge of PCB schematic entry and layout tools such as Allegro, OrCad, or Altium.
- Familiarity with bench test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital sources and receivers, waveform generators, and audio analyzers.
- Strong software and hardware debug skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Possess the ability to engage with and mentor other team members to improve the PTE organization.
- Understanding of testing requirements for standard reliability processes such as Latchup, ESD, HTOL, HAST, etc.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to define and execute to a plan.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Able to thrive in a team environment.
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder